Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reviving My Travels: Chapter 1

I have been so lucky to have a chance to see the world, and by world I mean about 16 countries out of a total of 195 countries in the world. Not bad but not yet reached the jet-setter level but I am lucky as compared to many others who do not have the opportunity. I travel for work and sometimes we, my husband and I, make our conscious effort to save money for our travels. Travel is one of our main priorities. I think travel builds character. Things you see on other people's lands are humbling experiences and shopping is always a good experience. :P 

 Germany: Back from grocery shopping. They practice paper bag or no bag at all. You don't bring your own shopping bags, that's your problem, isn't it? 


Germany: Just bought a pair of high-heel boots that I couldn't wear because the snow came down for the rest of the trip. Bummer. But the snowy experience was awesome. 

 Germany: Kebab is THE food for Muslim traveler like myself. Fish and chips also is in the list. Kebab overseas have A LOT OF MEAT! Awesome!

Danger Point. Gold Coast Australia: MasyaAllah, God is Great. Look at that gorgeous blue sea. I fell in love with this place, really hard. :)

Danger Point. Gold Coast Australia: The clean green grass was so inviting, matched with the blue skies and snow white clouds... sometimes it feels surreal to watch the beauty in the world. 

Stratford-Upon-Avon, England - I'm a big fan of flowers and I would love to see sea of lavenders or tulips but for now, I settled for a few batangs dulu. Somehow, flowers overseas look lovelier. The flowers are always prettier on the other side, eh?


Shakespears Cottage, Stratford-upon-Avon, England - It's a pleasure to see really old buildings taken care of by the Government for history and tourism.  

Kings Park, Perth Australia - Oh this place is so nice, I could come here often. In fact, I'm going there again June this year! They have varieties of wild flowers exclusively from Australia and they are gorgeous. Weird, wild but uniquely pretty. 
Farmers' Markets, London - Oyster is a yes, yes, yes!!! I met the same vendor near the Tower of London and the next day at the Farmers' Markets. The lady gave me one free oyster for stalking them. :P

Desert, Dubai - Couldn't imagine how they could stay in the desert for days! I couldn't stand the sand for just 15 mins. Sand everywhere, in my shoes, my socks... Tried the 4WD and these drivers have mad skills. 

Medan, Indonesia - Wedding congratulatory 'card's. Apparently, they did not accept regular wedding cards. 

Nami Island, South Korea - Autumn in Korea is super gorgeous! Leaves in different colors.. just breathtakingly beautiful!

Bosphorus River Bank, Istanbul, Turkey: Fish has never tasted so good, I had a fish sandwich near the bank and it's delish! I've never thought I would be lucky enough to set my foot in this history rich country and it's worthwhile!




Shanghai, China - Foggy just like Chinese paintings, that's what China looks like. :) I don't understand Chinese and I found walking around in places where alphabets are not important, a bit disturbing. 

1 comment:

  1. Ass. ..foto" yg sungguh indah kak. Aku pengen ngliat langsung bunga tulip ama musim gugurnya. Kkak uda pernah ngrasain itu semua. :") waaaaahh aku Speechless ^_^

    ReplyDelete