Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We We We So Excited For Winter Holidays!

I wanna have a photo with this awesome giant watch in Cottesloe beach.
It sounds weird to talk about winter holidays in spring but because I'm a Malaysian, I'm entitled to. I see and feel sun everyday, so give me a break! Come June, we will be in Perth once again for a mild winter holiday. This year we have to wait for school break to plan for any holidays because Tia is already in REAL school and the first break is nearing. The last time we went to Perth, it was a very short trip, where we ended up in Perth city and Fremantle; this time around we plan to go a bit further. The weather is going to between 18-21C during the day and 9-12 at night, definitely no snow.. maybe we need jackets and shawls at night. 

Shopping is my main itinerary in this trip. I know that Perth is not exactly the place suitable for retail therapy but I am adamant to make Perth Shopping amazing! Can't help it... I'm only a woman. Murray and Hay Streets are definitely in my plan but there's this little town called Subiaco that I'm interested to check out. City of Subiaco is a pleasant little town between Perth and Fremantle, opened by Italians in 1851, resembling a European village. We have to go. Another place is Mount Lawley, which holds fine examples of 1900 to 1950s architecture, great for photos. Btw, I have bought 2 large size photobooks for the trip.  It's gonna be awesome...!

And we don't think beach is good in winter but again the temperature is not going to be THAT cold, right? Cottesloe Beach is a must see destination. 15 mins away from Perth city by car, I will take a lot of great photos over there. Australian skies are amazingly beautiful! Cottesloe is one of the best places to watch the sun set into the Indian Ocean. Another not to be missed destination is the Penguin Island, just off the coast of Perth but it's open until June.. not sure early or late June. Reviews say that you can see a lot of wild animals roam free and that kinda scare me. See how leh....
And last but not least is food!!!!!!! I wanna eat seafood in Fremantle! Crawfishs, crabs, fish, prawns, lobsters.. oh em jeeee.....cepatlah june!

Then in December, we are planning to go to London to celebrate my husband's 40th and my kiddo's 7th birthday. So elitists! Haha! Both of them have never experienced snow and this trip will definitely accomplish that. We haven't decided on the itinerary yet but Christmas is around the corner... so London is gonna be gorgeous kan!  

4 comments: