Wednesday, February 23, 2011

American Idol 10: My Most and Least Favorites

It's the time of the year and I'm ready with my snacks on the sofa and a cup of coffee on the side table every 8pm on Thursday and Friday for my dose of American Idol. Simon leaving American Idol made everybody wondered how the 10th season would fare without him. I am a fan of Aerosmith and naturally I don't have any problem with Steven Tyler. In fact, Tia kinda like him for no apparent reason. She'd say "I like this boy", everytime she sees him on tv. (Secretly praying that she'd not have a taste for oldeeeeer men) Nothing much could be expected of the Dawg, could we? And I'm afraid I couldn't stand the sound of J.Lo talking. 

After a few weeks Star World being showed on tv, I have to say, they have made American Idol fresh again! Steven is a breath of fresh air (it doesn't feel right, does it?), Randy is fierce and ruthless this season, and Jennifer Lopez is such a sweetheart. Great choice after I-despise-the-way-her-body-move-when-giving-critique-Kara and Left-too-soon-Ellen. This week we will know who'll be making the top 24 and I have a few who are my favorite this far. Unfortunately, none of them is a girl. Sorry gals.. need to watch more of you first. 

MY MOST FAVORITES

Name: Brett Loewenstern
His Story: He got bullied a lot and he holds on to his music
Who Gets Excited: Hollywood's Hair Stylist
Winning Factor: He could be a girl's best friend
Possible Weakness: Men Votes

Name: Casey Abrams
His Story: He plays instruments and he has cool blues voice
Who Gets Excited: Hollywood's Make Over Team
Winning Factor: Ad Lib Quirkiness
Possible Weakness: Pop Songs 



 Name: Scotty McCreery
His Story: He has a very deep voice and sang 'Your Man' over and over
Who Gets Excited: All the Cow Girls from the Midwest
Winning Factor: A different sound to pop songs
Possible Weakness: The lyrics, different genres, and Jacee Badeaux


 Name: Robbie Rosen
His Story: He was wheel-chaired when he was five and really into American Idol since he was really young
Who Gets Excited: All the women of Amedica and Colgate
Winning Factor: He sings from his heart and transcends the emotion to his smiles 
Possible Weakness: Maybe male audiences could get tire of his 2-inches too wide smiles


MY LEAST FAVORITES


 Name: James Durbin
His Story: His father OD-ed when he was very young and soon after he was diagnosed with Tourette and Asperger’s syndromes
Who Gets Excited: Bandana seller around the Kodak's Theater
Winning Factor: The scream
Possible Weakness: The scream might be too screechy 




 Name: Clint Jun Gamboa
His Story: He won karaoke contests TWICE! WOW!
Who Gets Excited: Harry Potter's wannabes?
Winning Factor: He might have a magic wand in his cardigan
Possible Weakness: 'I'm diva than you' attitude


2 comments:

  1. Cool list of the American Idol contestants this year. I really wanted Robbie to get through to the finals :( Glad that Scotty won though, I love his voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The judges should have pushed Scotty to go beyond country songs. And Lauren Alaina.... she should take a couple more years to grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete