Friday, March 18, 2011

American Idol 10: The Top 12 (Recap)



Last night American Idol was B to the O to the R to the ING! What's to be excited about? Nobody performed like a winner. The theme was to sing the song from the year you were born, and I don't know why the theme's relevant. If you can't sing the song from that year, you are doomed!! How about to sing a song when you were 16 years old. So for Naima, I'd be the year 2000 and that time, those tunes should have been in their CD player or something. 

Naima (1984) - What's love gotta do with it. I didn't think that she delivered. Pitchy, pitchy, pitchy but as usual it's beautiful for uncle Steven. She's got the look, she's got the style but she needs to work on her vocal. Not that bad if you are in a karaoke joint. I say bring back the african costume!

Paul (1984) - The little Paul was so cute but the older Paul has balancing issue! We know that he had flu but was it too giddy for him? Look like it. He chose The Blues by Elton John and JLo thought he sounded good, that he has so much soul. I think he'd sound good in album, I'd love to listen to his record but not so much his concert.

Thia (1995) - Colors of the Wind. Only now the judges realized that this kid is so zzzz i could doze off just looking at her. Come on kiddo! We need you to start moving on stage and act like your age. If you don't know how to calculate, 2011-1995, that's how old you are. Act like one. Taylor Swift's number might be a good choice.

James (1989) - I'll Be There For You. Thanks but no thanks for butchering this song for me. I am a Bon Jovi's fan and I don't like the way you sing Bon Jovi's song! JLo loves it and Randy thought it was tastefully done and I thought... Really?? My husband sings better-lah!

Haley (1990) - I'm Your Baby Tonight. First, don't wear your mum's vintage top and a fully covered attire if you understand the lyrics of the song. Randy was a little confused because of that and Steven questioned her song choice. She might be in danger tonight. 

Stefano (1989) - If You Don't Know Me By Now. Yes!!! The competition just started when Stefano's done with his performance. The voice was crazy beautiful. Randy got it right when he said that was the best performance of the night so far. And Steven, as usual, over the top beautiful, which is a different level of beautiful in his beautiful dictionary. 

Pia (1988) - Where the Broken Hearts Go. I was really distracted by the jumpsuit and didn't really concentrate on her performance. Now, my question is, can she move on stage? So far, not yet. 

Scotty (1993) - Can I Trust You With My Heart. And a lot of country chicks voted yes, yes, yes!!!!!! He looked so charming on stage and asking people that question...of course, he's safe!

Karen (1989) - Love Will Lead Your Back. Yeah baby, love will lead you back to your home town. The outfit was terrible, like a cheap version of JLo. If you wanna wear a wig, find one that matches your hair color please. Randy loved it when she broke into Latin. Translation: Maybe you are not an American Idol, love. 

Casey (1991) - Smells Like Teen Spirit. I love the fact that he did his thing but JLo thought that he's screamy screechy.. unlike Cobain. Randy loved that he took risks. Singing Cobain's song is definitely a risk but at least he's not boring like Thia.

Lauren (1994) - I'm The Only One - She's super gedik! Everything she did yesterday onstage screamed fake to me. I think she's not gonna be long but she's not gonna be out this week either. 

Jacob (1987) - Alone. Lusky screamy screetchy scary over the top bursting your lung type of performance and somehow JLo thought that he is in it to win it. What's with your ears Jenny? Go see a doctor, please. 

Bottom three: Haley, Karen and Thia - Haley will go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment