Thursday, March 3, 2011

American Idol 10: The Top 12 Girls (Recap)

JLo is a good enough reason not to miss American Idol - Image from Google

Since they'd only select 12 contestants for the final, I have to drop one name from the guys and I am torn between Brett and Jovany. I think Jovany has an advantage here as he would get the Spanish votes.        
Okay, moving on to the girls. 

Pia Toscano - She belted out The Pretenders' I'll Stand By You with so much conviction, you wouldn't have any hesitation to dial the phone and vote for her. At this stage of the competition I don't think it's necessary to work the stage so much like Ta-Tynisa unless you are really sure you have Beyonce's superpower, which without any doubt, you don't. Pia knew what to do and she blew us away! You go, girl! My Verdict: IN

Thia Megia - Randy equates her to the early voice of Michael Jackson. She chose Out Here on My Own, started off acapella and sounded great until the end. While many are left blown away by Thia, my heart is not with this girl. See how it goes.. but for now she's America's Sweetheart. My Verdict: IN


Ashthon Jones - This girl sang Love All Over Me by Monica and I love it. She looked comfortable on stage, worked the judges and I feel like she belongs there... so much better than Ta-Tynisa na? I would be disappointed if she's not in the final Top 12. My Verdict: IN


Lauren Alaina - This girl is born to sing. At the age of 15 she can sing like nobody's business. Yesterday she went with Reba McEntire's Turn On the Radio and sounded great all throughout. However, Steven wanted more and obviously she has more and I couldn't wait for her to bring it on stage in the next few weeks. But please don't talk much on stage. It's a turn-off, dear. My Verdict: IN


Ta-Tynisa Wilson - Ta-ta Ta-Tynisaaaaa..... hope NOT to see you again next year. What were you thinking wearing that dress with that boots and went crazy on stage with Rihanna's Only Girl? You are not at that stage yet, my dear. And what's with that face when the judges were giving their critiques? You thought you did good? Please watch YouTube and tell me you didn't cringe. My Verdict: OUT


Naima Adedapo - Okay, we've seen a lot of the same dress already. It's time to upgrade your wardrobe to the mainstream's fashion. A happier version of Summertime was a bit loungey as Randy put it but she has a good voice and she sings well. It's definitely not a good song choice when somebody else had done a fantastic job in the same show. My Verdict: IN


Kendra Chantelle - This is my best female performer in American Idol 10 so far! She did Impossible much better than Aguilera, IMHO. Very controlled and awesome! She will definitely make it to the final. My Verdict: IN


Rachel Zevita - The boring girl wanted to hype it up with a broadway kinda performance and it felt flat on the screen of my television. She had committed crime with Criminal and there's no way she could be forgiven for that.  Sorry my dear, you're going to be sentenced to home soon. My Verdict: OUT  


Karen Rodriguez - How many times do Simon has to tell you.. .DO NOT CHOOSE ANY SONGS FROM MARIAH CAREY, KELLY CLARKSON, WHITNEY HOUSTON AND ALICIA KEYS?? It seems like many have never watched the past seasons of Americal Idol. And the mixture of English and Spanish in Mariah's Heroes was rather odd for me. Maybe America would like it, I don't. My Verdict: OUT  


Lauren Turner - I still didn't get this one! She sang Seven Day Fool and I didn't buy it. Not interesting at all.  My Verdict: OUT  


Julie Zorilla - Refer to my comment on Karen Rodriguez. Do not choose Kelly Clarkson's number. Breakaway is not an easy song even though it's easy to listen to Kelly. JLo asked her.. do you really want to Breakaway? haha I thought that was funny. She didn't look the part, didn't sound the part and definitely is not gonna be a part of the top 12. My Verdict: OUT  

Haley Reinhart - And this girl chose Alicia's Fallin, a tune that many had tried and failed. However, she did bring a good amount of personality in the performance and the voice's amazing. If it's up to me, I'd say yes but I think America would say no to her. Sad. My Verdict: OUT  

No comments:

Post a Comment