Thursday, March 31, 2011

American Idol 10: The Top 11 (Recap)

I used to get so excited on Thursday but now not so much. The judges could do more than just complimenting on the performances as if they are one of the viewers. Constructive criticism please. I'm missing Simon!! Bring back you sounded like a karaoke singer or a broadway singer, utter rubbish, self-indulgent, total mess, kinda remarks. I'm not gonna hold my breath for the change though. Anyhow, moving along in this Elton John themed week.

Scotty Mc Creery - He's brave enough to stick to his country songs and I don't see any problem with that at all. You don't see Metallica doing country, do you? At this point in time, he's my favorite.

Naima Adedapo - While I respect the fact that she wants to stay true to her roots, she needs to remember that she's in American Idol and not in African one. I like the reggae rendition of "I'm Still Standing"but her voice was weak.

Paul McDonald - Do not wear that suit ever again! Paul is the kinda singer that I don't think could win American Idol but could gather enough flock to do a mini concert once in a while. Please don't take his guitar from him or we have to endure his gawky moves again.

Pia Toscano - Enough with the ballad alreadylah! Last week you promised to give something different, this week you said sorry to Randy because you have decided to do Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me. After the show you promised again to show something different.. how leh?

James Durbin - He is not as good as he thinks he is. What he did so far is normal. which you can see in many rock performances. I miss Glambert so much!

Stefano Langone - He sounds like a girl when he talks. Don't think of his tonight's performance is good but I don't think he's going to end up in the bottom three.

Thia Megia - Yawn!  Enough alreadylah this girl, send her back to her parents please, she looks sad all the time.

Jacob Lusk - He might be thinking that he had done a good job with Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word. But I'm sorry that I listened to him, really. He made my ears bleed....

Lauren - The gedikness has been toned down and the singing has improved but still I think she's holding back a bit. I think she can do better than this and please refrain from making any long comments when Ryan asked you onstage.

Casey Abrams - He is the guy who can be crazy at any time of the day unless you forced him to tame it down. And that's what he was told to do after his escape from elimination last week. He did pretty well last night with Your Song.

Haley - This is the best performance of the night for her, for me. You are in it, to win it! Yo! Yo! Or perhaps not. Anyhow, it's nice to hear her sing good.

My pick for the bottom three: Thia (long shot but yawn.. please take her out), Naima (need to improve on her vocal, a LOT!) , Jacob (Long shot but I so want him to go)


Two eliminations:
Thia & Naima

No comments:

Post a Comment