Wednesday, March 2, 2011

American Idol 10: The Top 12 Guys (Recap)



So, after the show last night, here is my review. I think this year's contestants are different from the Idol we used to watch and I must say I love it. The judges need to get some juicier comments than "it's beautiful".... give us something to talk about, please. 10 out of 24 are going to get the boot by Friday so my pick for the 7 guys....

Clint Gamboa - He gave us "Superstitious" and he looked like a little boy who wanted to impress his parents in front of the tv. Lose the glasses! My verdict: OUT


Jovany Barreto - This heartthrob sang "I'll Be" and JLo thought he did it and so did other women out there. My verdict: IN

Jordan Dorsey - OMG... you really didn't think that you're Usher, did you? You butchered that song good and OMG did you screw up. My verdict: OUT

Tim Halperin - He chose "Come On Over" and to me, the performance was bland. And I don't think people can remember who he was after this. My verdict: OUT

Brett Loewenstern - Brett did "Light My Fire". He didn't exactly light MY fire but the audiences definitely are going to root for him. The hair should be tamed... seriously. And I'm sure he couldn't dance. My Verdict: IN

Robbie Rosen - He is a ballad guy and "In the Arms of An Angel" suited his voice though there were some pitch problems here and there. But, he has that likability factor so My Verdict: IN

Scotty McCreery -  He'd done justice to the "Letters From Home". He sang effortlessly to this country tune and I must say that I was impressed. My Verdict: IN


Stefano Langone - "Just The Way You Are" was his choice and often times he sounded like a woman and that's not good. My Verdict: OUT


Paul McDonald - Predictably he took one of Rod Stewart's songs "Maggie Mae". I loved it!! I think he's cool and quirky. My Verdict: IN

Jacob Lusk - Mr Lusk went with "A House Is Not A Home". What's with the eyes, man? And I don't think he has a problem moving to the final 14. My verdict: IN

Casey Abrams - Rumors had it that he's not well and nearly couldn't get to perform but "I Put A Spell On You" was da' bomb. Imagine if he's 100% healthy. Haha.. he'll go far with guidance from the Idol pros. My Verdict: IN

No comments:

Post a Comment