Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Other Half

It's cliché but it's true. Without him, I'm just half. We've been together for almost 11 years now and I feel closer to him than I ever was. When majority of women (especially in the west) are shouting about being independent, I'm done in that subject. I want to lean on someone. I want to have a partner. I want to be dependent. It might suggest that I'm getting weak but the truth of the matter is, I'm becoming more trusting, intimately letting someone in my life, feeling me, taking care of me. I like that. There's no pretentiousness, no merely saying "i love you"s as a formality, never hesitate to make sure that he's happy. I take one look at him and I'm engulfed with joy, love and happiness. 


Having grown up without a father, deep in my heart I was always ready for any unpleasant surprises that might jump in front me. Always safeguarded myself from pain by refusing to feel. Feeling hurts, i know, I’d tasted the pain; it sucked. Many time I instructed myself to stop feeling when it's too painful, it worked but at the same time, when you bottle your feelings, it bounds to spill. Slowly, with him I have let those insecurities go. If pain comes, deal with it, he's the man I love with all my heart, anything that comes in the future, I'm ready. It's worth it.


He has shown me his overwhelming love and at this point in time I think we both have let each other involve into our lives more. Everybody has a wall.. a guard and when you fully trust, you let those down, prepare for anything and everything that'd come your way. He has taken care of me like nobody ever does my entire life, and he needs me in his life as much as I need him. He's not perfect, he has his flaws but he's my perfect fit. I am him and he is me. 


I trust that he'll be with me til the day our last days on Earth. Whatever the future holds for us, he's my love in this world and I pray to Allah, in the afterlife as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment