Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Salute Women With Multiple Kids


Yes I do. Time and time again I find myself admiring women with a lot of kids. I have 11 siblings but that's different. Being a kid and being a mother is a totally different thing. Mothers run things. You have to manage your home, and that's freaking hard! You think it's innate, it's God-given talent. It's totally NOT! The cooking, the washing, the cleaning... OMG.. a lot of work! 

I don't do my own laundry. There, I say it. I don't. It takes a lot of my time. Laundry means sorting, washing, drying, folding, storing and ironing. Just the thought of doing laundry could give me panic attack. I send my laundry to the neighborhood launderette, and I do my small laundry on the weekends. It suits me. And I only have a kid and a husband. Couldn't imagine if I had more. I could probably die. 

Cooking is another matter. I love cooking. It gives me pleasure. But not everyday and not when I'm tired. I can easily escape this because I have only 3 in my family and eat out is an option. How to escape when you have more kids? Eating out equals a great adventure and it could easily turn into a hoo-haa anytime, plus the bill is something to think about also. Even worse when you don't really know anything about cooking. 

Having a lot of kids means that you need to give your kids attention. How to do that when you yourself is tired and in need of a break? When Tia throws a tantrum, I feel like throwing mine as well. Haha! It's not that easy to pay attention equally to all your kids. When I was small, perhaps I craved for attention but knowing very well that I couldn't get it, I just did my thing. How to read story books to many kids? How to listen to what they say all the time? It amazes me how mothers with multiple kids could do it. Seriously. I found myself struggling with only one kid. Balancing between what she wants and what I want and what my husband wants -- not easy! I love my Tia so much, she's my everything but at the same time, I'm just human and definitely not the candidate of the best mom award. 

So for moms with a lot of kids out there, I salute you! 

Gambar Hiasan: Lontong I made for my family of three. Yumma yumma!

No comments:

Post a Comment