Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What Color for Raya?

It's not even puasa and I'm talking about raya already. But we have to prepare-lah! The usual question is -- what color are we going to look for this raya? We don't have to buy the same hue and the same fabric but if we are color coordinated, the photos would turn out better, wouldn't they? Last year we went for blue, the year before that, it was yellow and what about this year? 



This year we yet to choose any color but I think it's time already because by the end of this month, my eyes would be looking around for raya dresses. I have four choices in mind right now but I want to do pros and cons for these colors. Perlu ke?

Pilihan pertama: Gray
I think it's a sophisticated color if you can find the right gray tone or we can go to outerspace after the raya prayer. Probably difficult to look for nice baju kurung or kebaya in this color because it's less celebratory as compared to the real colors like red or blue. How about if I look for fabric macam kain pelikat in this tone? Kelakar?



Pilihan kedua: Green
We are both crazy about green but again, dark green or light green. Me like the dark one and I think my husband prefers the lighter one. And if I want to choose my dresses, it should be less green and more white with a touch of green because my husband's baju Melayu would be all green. But, would it be a sin to switch? He would wear more white with a touch of green? A bit weird though. Yaya would look good in anything. Haha!



Pilihan ketiga: Beige
Too wedding-y? The right beige would bring out the best in us, photo wise. Ke? Tamy, apa pendapat anda? I could imagine my husband looks handsome in this color but what about me? Songket type of fabric with white chiffon hijab looks astounding in my mind, but could I find it in the market, ready made? Anybody finds anything, calling-calling me okay!


Pilihan keempat: Burgundy
I love this color. I think it pops. But I don't want to wear all burgundy. Satin burgundy baju melayu for my hubby with a silver songket and me wearing something made of silk or chiffon. Can or no?? The more I think about, the more it doesn't work. But it depends on what I'll find in the market.



Raya is around the corner, and we need to choose color. After that only we'll move on to kuih, langsir, angpow, dishes on pagi raya, etc. But before all of this, puasa is coming on my birthday.

2 comments:

  1. U look great in lite grey color like the scarf u r wearing in the FB profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. noted!! but it's hard to find a good grey. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete