Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meeting My Buddies



Yesterday I got the pleasure of meeting my best buds from primary school, my two best friends after 36 years apart. And it felt great!! We had a good laugh reminiscing our times in school, talking so patriotically about our country and its politics and talking about our present lives, our relationships, our kids. Though we haven't met for years, it didn't feel awkward at all. The trust, the comfort, the good feeling came back like it never left me. I used to have best friends and I wonder why I didn't contact them after I joined the boarding school. 

And I reckon, the problem was me. I didn't know how. I just didn't have the skill to stay in contact with people. After primary - lost contact with all the friends. After secondary - it's the same. After college - what difference? The pattern is obvious, isn't it? I'm glad to have friends who still want to be in contact with me because I need that initiatives, which I don't have. And I'm glad for Facebook. 

We shared so much in a few hours and I hope we would be in touch always. Thanks Anai and Ayu for your time and one thing for sure, we are still those crazy kids in school who always enjoyed a good laugh! Do you still remember the story of Kunta Kinte? haha!!! I bet you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment