Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tunes I Listen To... Often!

I can’t say that music is my oxygen because I can actually drive without turning on the radio (unlike me daughter) but I like music. Once in a while there are songs that stay in my soul, tunes that I prefer over the rest, melodies that prompt my sing along. My preference is based neither on the hotness of the artist nor the popularity of the songs. It’s solely based on me, my feelings. So here they go, my favorite tunes of all times.


My All by Mariah Carey
Though I have issues with my husband liking her a bit too much, I must admit that she deserves to be the queen of the divas. If someone has this much of talent, it’s a waste not to go diva-va-vavoom. My All is the cliché-est of the songs but the song carries me away like nobody’s business. I can hit it once and then again and again and again… and I do sing along to the loathe of the people around me. Haha! In fact many people think that they can actually carry this song in singing competitions. Repeat after me: I CANNOT CARRY MY ALL AT ALL. Again.. I CANNOT…You would not only regret that you even attempt the song, you will also be booted out in any round you’re in.

Lips of An Angel by Hinder
Don’t you wanna be the other woman while listening to this number? I do. Haha! The husky voice of the vocal and the lyrics of the song can bring you to the emo-land. Why lah the guy picked up the phone and started singing in the video clip. Potong betul. Anyhow, this is one of my favorite tunes of all time. “Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those words it makes me weak…” haha!

All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die," says the man next to me out of nowhere.. All I wanna do is have some fun.. yeah baby yeah. This song was made 17 years ago and it has won a Grammy. I don’t know any other Sheryl Crow’s song but I reckon this song made Sheryl Crow. Sue me if I’m wrong. All I wanna do is have some fun, don’t you?

Losing My Way by Justin Timberlake
Oh JT… I’m hooked with Losing My Way. Sexy Ladies and Sexy Back are gorgeous songs but Losing My Way is my favorite. The beat, the lyrics, the crying for help. I just love it, I can feel you, Bob.


One by Mary J Blige and Bono (U2)
Did I disappoint you? Or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you never have love, and you want me to go without…. I have three versions of this song, one by U2 and another one by Gleek. They are all marvelous! Mary J is so intense, her version is the best! You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl, and I can’t be holding on, to what you got when all you got is hurt… One…

What are you favorite tunes of all times?

No comments:

Post a Comment