Monday, May 9, 2011

My Love


Being a mother is challenging yet it's fulfilling. I still remember how I struggled with Tia in the first few years and now it's getting easier but I think the challenges will continue in her teenage years. Honestly, I've never imagined myself with many kids and it turns out,  I have only one but my one and only fulfills me in so many ways. Tia is truly a blessing. She's the daughter everyone hopes they get. 


I might be biased but I don't think I'm wrong. She has so many great qualities that a person should possess. One day her school organized Japanesey event where students could buy food and things, and the proceed would go to Japanese earthquake victims. I gave her RM10 to spend. She told me that her friend Jade and Shuen Li didn't bring any money. She bought for both of them candies that they choose using the money. "All I want to do is to make them happy, ma," she told me and she also contributed some to charity. She's just six! I'm happy to see her progress in life. :)



And of course the school reminded all the kids that Mother's Day was coming. So Tia was so excited to make me a greeting card. A lovely card with a pink flower in front. Inside she told me that she loves me so much and that I always cook for her good food and she always sneezes at school. Haha! On the day itself, we went to Sunway Pyramid for a little surprise orchestrated by my husband. 


He took us to watch "Rod Stewart" live! Well, not really Rod Stewart but he's a tribute artist who looks and sounds like Rod. We had lots of fun!! Then as usual, we made a little detour to MPH and she wanted to buy a magazine. After I paid, she hold another one and insisted that I bought it. I wasn't happy because I don't want to spoil her so I gave the look like I was disappointed. At last the father gave in. We went home straight after and I took a nap. 


When I woke up, I found another Mother's Day card from her besides me. She wanted to buy the other magazine because there was a card for me inside. I felt bad for scolding her, as she had the best intention at heart. And before she went to sleep, she took the trouble to make me another card just to let me know that she REALLY loves me. I'm so touched by her gestures. 

My little girl is getting bigger and prettier everyday. She always remembers to say and do the right things, and that for me it's a blessing. I believe it in my heart that she'll turn out to be a great person one day. As for us, we'll provide her with love and care to the best of our abilities. She's our sweetheart, our angel, our everything. MAMA and PAPA love you so much TIA SOFIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment