Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Planless Life?


I don’t have any plan for myself the next 5-year. Do we need one in the first place? A well-accomplished person must have some plans, right? I wish to buy a house by next year. I made an attempt to buy a condo but I pulled out when we didn’t see any workers on site on working days. But apart from that, I really do not have plan for myself! When I was in college, organizers were like my friends’ accessories but I didn’t have one because I did not know how to use it. Shall I start making plans or shall I go with the flow?

Maybe I should have some plans. What do I need to achieve in the next 5-years.

On Savings – What if I save RM500 a month in a specific account and not take it out until 5 years. By 5-years I would have a sum of RM30,000 for myself to shop in London. Hmmm… that sounds like a good plan.

On Accomplishing Something by Myself – This idea is too general; I have to specify this so that I could achieve it. Who would want to read my book? I just finished reading “Sh*t My Father Says” and I think I have stories to tell but why haven’t I started on anything? I read an article about Wardina and she said, “we are what we read”. Really? Haha! I read a lot about family, unfortunate kids and women, I don’t like chic-lit so what could you tell about me? But my big question is….what am I good at? That is the question I couldn’t answer at all. I’m not convinced that I’m good at anything. I can do many things but to be good at one thing, you have to surpass the mediocre level.

On Acquiring Material Possessions – I don’t really care. Seriously. Materials give you a brief period of satisfaction and that’s it. I am not even bothered that I don’t own anything grand; life offers so much more than that.

On Being Closer to God – I have to do this. I’m not getting any younger na?

I’m still wondering what to do in the next 5 years. Someone suggests writing. Not particularly confident on that one. But perhaps, the more important thing is, I give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment