Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jatuh Cinta Dengan Johor Bahru

My husband is a Johorian and his heart belongs to Johor. Well, his heart belongs to me but you get what I mean. Every year we drive to Johor about four times to visit his late parents' house and graves, and to savour the hometown. Last week was another journey but this time it felt different for me. I kinda falling in love with Johor in this visit. I felt good all the three days we were there.

We had dinner at Tepian Tebrau, near the popular English College (his college) and let me tell you, the chilli crab was out of this world yummy! It's tad pricey I supposed but yours sincerely didn't care much about the price. Combination of garlic, ginger, chilly paste and eggs made that dish heavenly good. We also had sotong kangkung, ais kacang and lala. A very satisfying dinner. I asked the lady.. ais kacang sama dengan ABC ka? And she looked at me puzzled. I wasn't sure la.. why looking at me like I'm an alien?

We stayed at the Puteri Pacific on level 12 facing Persada Johor. Quite an old hotel this one but still a good place to stay. Next visit, we are going to Thistle.

The best thing to do in JB for me is .... shopping, baby!! RM100 in JB worth so much more than in KL. I bought many tudungs in Kotaraya. Kebarung costed me RM197... and with lining! I love shopping in JB, it suits me. Perhaps not for some cosmetics brands or shoes but for tudung and traditional dresses, JB is the place. Kotaraya is just a walk away from Kotaraya so when I arrived at the shop at 10am shop, the lady was like "Pagi lagi dah sampai??" haha! Tak beli baru tahu.

My husband bought a Tissot in JB and was served by not 1, not 2 but 3 sales persons. One even holding a standing long mirror in case my husband wanted to see himself wearing the watch. To us, that was good service! And after a long day of eating and shopping, he bought me a nice ring. Thanks bang! You know I love bling blink blinking! The dinner at Rumah Limas also was cool. The food was so-so but the ambiance, excellente.

Next visit will be in September, raya time! And I need to save some money for that as well to buy again some tudungs.. berapa banyak tudung la??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment